Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap
This chicken lettuce wrap is perfect to make for DIY lettuce wrap night.
Full of organic vegetables and proteins, topped with a slightly sweet sesame ginger sauce, it’s great for summer time lunch or dinner.
You can easily scale this recipe bigger to accommodate more guests.
In order to make prep easier, you can use a cheese grater for the carrots and the cucumbers on the biggest setting for matchsticks, and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Be sure to use organic, free-range chicken and organic vegetables to avoid pesticides, hormones, and unnecessary antibiotics.
You can use dark meat as well, but chicken breast strips tend to hold together slightly better.
- 2 cups organic free-range Chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon organic Curry powder
- 5 – 6 organic Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 cup organic Carrots, matchsticked
- 1 cup organic Cucumbers, matchsticked
- 1 clove organic Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon organic Sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons organic Almond butter
- 1 teaspoon organic raw Honey or organic Apple juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon organic White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh organic Ginger paste
- Organic Cilantro to taste
- Mix sesame oil, almond butter, honey or apple juice, vinegar, ginger, and salt and pepper together to taste. Set aside.
- Combine chicken breast, curry powder, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste together in a bowl. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Grill or pan fry until chicken is cooked through.
- Put together lettuce wraps by assembling chicken with carrots, cucumber, and cilantro in the bibb lettuce leaves, and drizzle with sesame almond sauce.