Chicken Tikka Masala with Zucchini Flatbread
We love Chicken tikka masala but miss being able to dip flatbread (naan) into the luscious curry while we’re on our keto journey. In comes, zucchini flour which is quite easy to make at home or buy at the store—all that is necessary are zucchinis, a dehydrator (or oven), and a food processor. It’s easy to store the zucchini if you end up having a bumper crop (should you grow it) and the flour is pretty versatile. We use an egg to bind and make the flatbread. You can also use cauliflower dough (either store-bought or made with cauliflower puree in place of zucchini).
Make sure you use organic free-range chicken since the factory counterparts are often full of antibiotics due to their crowded conditions. A simple, comforting, and savory dish that the whole family can truly enjoy.
- 1lb organic free-range chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 cups organic tikka masala simmer sauce
- 1 cup Organic Zucchini Flour (Dehydrated and powdered zucchini squash)
- 2 free-range organic chicken egg
- 1 cup organic grass-fed mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/ cup grass-fed organic plain yogurt
- 1 cup organic white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic grass-fed butter
- Organic extra virgin olive oil, to oil a pan
- An alternative to zucchini flatbread, you can make cauliflower dough from the market, or replace the zucchini powder with very finely pureed cauliflower.
- Combine zucchini flour, salt, pepper, cheese, and egg until a thick batter has formed. Should be about as thick as pancake batter. Alternatively, you can use ready-made cauliflower dough.
- In an oiled pan over medium-high heat, pour the batter in a thin layer and cook until golden on one side, flip and cook until the other side is also golden. Repeat with the remaining batter until all the batter is used up.
- In another pan, saute onion over medium-high heat until translucent and fragrant, add chicken and simmer sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce has reduced slightly.
- Serve the tikka masala with plain yogurt and the zucchini flatbread.