Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
We’re always striving to bring you delicious dishes that don’t just wow you, but your guests too.
Maybe you feel that your diet, while healthy for you as you nurture your gut, keeps you from enjoying parties and potlucks.
Maybe you feel you’re putting your host out. Worry no more, these crab stuffed mushrooms are easy to make, and an absolute delight to eat!
Bring them to the next holiday party or break them out for a romantic date night–a fancy appetizer that is sure to please.
Fungi like mushrooms can accumulate heavy metals, so it is imperative that you use organic mushrooms that aren’t sprayed with pesticides.
This recipe does not use bread crumbs so it’s gluten free and very low carb, gluten sensitive and ketogenics rejoice!
A word of not–if you are going soy free, it’s worth it to splurge on eggs from chickens that are fed a soy free diet, on top of organic feed since the protein complexes can make their way into the eggs themselves.
- 1 dozen organic button mushrooms or baby bella mushrooms
- 4 oz organic crab meat
- 1 tablespoon softened organic grassfed butter
- ½ teaspoon organic oregano flakes
- ½ free range organic egg, beaten
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Organic extra virgin olive oil, for roasting
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and remove the stems (reserve) from the button and baby bella mushrooms and set the caps to the side, making sure you don’t accidentally break them.
- Mince the stems and combine with crab meat, butter, minced garlic, egg, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a spoon, pack the crab mixture into each cap and set the caps on a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, being careful not to let it cook for too long, or else the mushrooms will shrink to nothing.
- Remove carefully as it will be hot!