Decadent Creamed Spinach
Creamed spinach is a great side to have for any occasion.
Packed with the dark leafy greens, one bowl of creamed spinach is equal to two whole bags of fresh!
Spinach is known for being fiber rich, with calcium, folic acid, vitamins A and C, and a whole host of other nutritional goodness.
For our creamed spinach, we’re making it extra decadent to keep our fat intake up since many of us are on the keto diet.
Make sure you choose organic spinach, since leafy greens are often sprayed with pesticides and herbicides.
Uncured organic bacon is also better for you, and tastes delicious too! If you wanted to make this completely vegan, you can use organic eggplant bacon, macadamia or oat milk, and vegan butter!
This can be easily multiplied if you need to make more, but pair it with some roasted chicken or steak, and you got an amazing weeknight dinner or a keto friendly side for the holidays.
- 2 bags of organic spinach
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed butter
- 2 slices organic uncured bacon, chopped
- 1 cup organic grass-fed milk, half and half, or cream
- ½ cup organic onions
- 4 cloves organic garlic, minced
- ½ cup organic button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch organic nutmeg
- On a stove over medium high heat, saute garlic and onions in butter until they are fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and bacon and cook until mushrooms have released their water.