Creamy Fruit Custard
This rich and creamy custard is like a fruit tart but without the crust! With the advent of zero caloric sweeteners, most non-carb desserts are now back on the table. This particular custard is baked, and is similar to a creme brulee or French custard cream. Use organic raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, piled high on the ramekins for an impressive display.
Organic grass-fed cream and free range organic eggs means you’re not getting pesky doses of hormones and antibiotics.
This might be slightly more involved due to tempering the egg yolks but it’s actually pretty easy, and you can make a few and chill them before any parties you have!
- 1 cup organic grass fed Heavy cream
- 3 large free range organic Egg yolks
- 1/8 cup organic Monkfruit Sweetener or Stevia
- 1/4 tsp organic Vanilla extract
- Organic Raspberries
- Organic Blueberries
- Organic Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place ramakins into a pan and pour hot but not boiling water into the pan surrounding the ramakins until it reaches 2/3rd of the height of the ramakins.
- Whisk egg yolk, vanilla extract, and sweetener together.
- Heat cream until steaming and slowly whisk into the egg yolk mixture. If it’s too hot, it will curdle the egg yolks so be mindful to do this part slowly.
- Divide mixture evenly into the ramakins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before covering and allowing to chill in the fridge overnight. Pile with berries of your choice and serve.