Hearty Beef Stew
This delicious stew can easily be made in the instant pot, reducing cooking time from 2 – 3 hours to just 1 for hearty, tender beef.
Loaded with healthy vegetables like celery, carrots, and onions, plus fragrant herbs, you can make this ahead of time and store containers of it for later meals.
This makes an easy grab and go lunch for work that gives you a boost of protein and healthy fiber, packed with vitamins and minerals.
Make sure you use organic free range and grass-fed beef so that you don’t accidentally get antibiotics or synthetic hormones in your system.
Organic veggies will also prevent issues with pesticides which are known to cause cancer and other health problems.
If you don’t have an instant pot, you can still make this over stove top.
- 1 lb organic grass-fed beef stew meat
- 1 cup organic carrots, diced
- 1 cup organic celery, diced
- 1 cup organic tomato, diced
- 1 cup organic button mushroom diced
- 6 cups organic grass-fed beef stock
- ½ cup organic onion
- 1 teaspoon organic oregano
- 1 teaspoon organic Basil
- 1 sprig organic thyme
- Combine all ingredients into an instant pot and set for the stew function, or about 1 hour.
- Alternatively, on stove top, you can saute the vegetables first in just a touch of organic extra virgin olive oil, and then stew over medium heat for 2 hours, or until beef is very tender. Serve hot.