Japanese Steakhouse Salad
If you were ever wondering how to make the Japanese salad you get at sushi restaurants and hibachi steakhouses, wonder no more!
The carrot ginger dressing is super simple and easy to make, and this version is soy sauce free and even lighter!
The natural sweetness of organic oranges and carrots make this salad delightfully refreshing.
We recommend letting the dressing sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, so it can chill and combine the flavors together.
Make sure you use organic vegetables for this so that you don’t accidentally ingest cancer causing pesticides and herbicides!
- 1 inch piece of organic ginger, skin removed
- 2/3 cup organic carrots, skin removed
- ¼ cup organic orange
- ½ cup organic rice vinegar
- 3 cherry tomatoes (or 1 teaspoon organic sugar free ketchup), more for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons organic onion
- 1 teaspoon organic sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Organic Iceberg lettuce for the salad
- Organic Cucumber slices for the salad
- Combine ginger, carrots, orange, rice vinegar, tomato or ketchup, onion, and salt to taste in a blender and blend until smooth. Mix in sesame oil. Allow to sit in fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Arrange iceberg lettuce, cucumber slices, and cherry tomatoes in a bowl and spoon dressing over it. Serve cold.