Low Carb Veggie Lasagna
We can really miss our pasta when we’re going for a low-carb veggie-packed diet so this recipe really hits the spot. Strips of organic eggplant and zucchini layered with delicious grass-fed organic ricotta and mozzarella cheese, sausage crumbles, and zesty marinara sauce really create a hearty but surprisingly low carb high fiber meal.
Organic vegetables will ensure you don’t accidentally ingest any harmful pesticides, herbicides, or fungicides.
- 1 medium organic eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 2 organic zucchini/summer squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup organic grass-fed ricotta cheese
- 1 cup organic grass-fed shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups organic marinara sauce
- 1 cup organic nitrate-free uncured Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- Organic grass-fed parmesan cheese, for dusting
- Organic extra virgin olive oil, to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an oven-safe casserole dish.
- Layer eggplant, zucchini, sausage crumbled, marinara sauce, mozzarella, and ricotta cheese. The top layer should be marinara sauce for now.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, or until eggplant and zucchini are tender. Top with mozzarella cheese and broil for about 2 minutes, until cheese has melted. Slice and serve hot, with parmesan cheese if desired.