Natural Trail Mix
This super easy trail mix is great for grab and goes snacking. Since it doesn’t contain any oats/granola, it is a great keto alternative to the commercial trail mixes out there. Almonds and cashews provide healthy servings of fats and oils, and, along with egg whites, are a great source of protein.
Chia seeds have in recent years become a new superfood since they’re loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. The raisins provide just a bit of natural fruit sweetness. The secret to big clusters is using egg whites as a binding agent.
You can also add unsweetened organic chocolate nibs, dried organic cranberries/strawberries/apples, or cinnamon and vanilla for more flavors. Making a big bag of this and then portioning it out for snacks can keep the whole family healthy and happy.
- 1 cup organic toasted Almonds
- 1 cup organic toasted Cashews
- ½ cup organic Raisins
- ½ cup organic Unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup organic Chia seeds
- Organic Egg white from 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy and toss in almonds, cashews, raisins, coconut flakes, and chia seeds until well coated.
- Place mixture in a baking tray about 1-2 centimeters thick.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the egg white has dried out and trail mix is now bound together.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.