Riceless Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Key Notes: Paleo, keto, gluten free, low-carb
Packed with veggies and protein, this riceless version of stuffed peppers is great for a weeknight dinner.
Make a lot and freeze them individually!
Grated organic cauliflower beautifully mimics the texture of rice, while delivering healthy servings of low carb vegetable fiber.
Make sure you use organic grass-fed beef to prevent accidentally ingesting hormone and antibiotic laced meat.
Organic vegetables are also far superior to the pesticide and fungicide ladened produce often found in supermarkets.
You can serve this with all sorts of delicious things like organic grass-fed sour cream, a sprinkling of organic cumin, some organic guacamole, or swap out the beef with organic pork, free range chicken or turkey.
Organic mushrooms, squash, and carrots could be a welcome addition too, to possibilities are endless!
- 4 large organic bell peppers
- ½ lb organic grass-fed ground beef
- ½ cup organic onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups organic cauliflower, grated
- ¼ teaspoon organic basil
- ¼ teaspoon organic oregano
- ¼ teaspoon organic thyme
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup shredded organic grass-fed cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Core the peppers but cutting out the stem and pull out the seeds and innards. Set to the side.
- Over medium high heat, saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomato, beef, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper. Cook until there is no more pink in the meat. Remove from heat.
- Combine beef with mixture with grated cauliflower and half of the shredded cheddar cheese. Pack mixture loosely into the peppers as to not tear the peppers.
- Top with more shredded cheese and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Serve hot.