Key Notes: Keto, Paleo, Low-carb, gluten free
If you hate okra, this delicious side dish might just change your tune!
Noted for its mucilaginous texture, the slimy qualities disappear once you roast them to a near crisp state.
Careful, these babies disappear in no time and you’ll wish you had made even more!
Using organic okra is important, as annual crops are usually the perpetrators of pesticide residue.
This dish is paleo, keto, low carb, and packed with vitamins and minerals which okra is known for.
Add other herbs to it like basil, parmesan, oregano, cumin, etc. for a spin on the flavor!
- 1lb organic okra
- ¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic thyme
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Scrub and wash okra well, removing any dirt that might be in the crevasses.
- Remove okra stem caps and halve lengthwise.