Louisiana Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo
It’s hard to believe that this gumbo recipe is carb and gluten free, but it is!
Spicy, hearty, delicious sausage and shrimp gumbo pairs beautifully with cauliflower rice.
It’s full of different vegetables with plump and succulent shrimp, perfect for any occasion.
The best part is that you can make a large batch and then portion them out for the freezer and pack them for an easy grab and go lunch.
Traditional gumbo has both file powder and okra, but if you can’t find them, it’s okay.
Both of them will help thicken the broth. Make sure if the option is open to you, you get organic ingredients.
Not only will they taste better, but they’re better for you.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please feel free to drop us a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
- 3 tbsp. Organic grass-fed butter
- 1 cup organic onion, diced
- 1 cup organic bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup organic celery, chopped
- 2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups sliced organic uncured andouille sausage
- 1 cup organic okra, chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon organic file powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Organic cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 organic bay leaf
- 1 (15-oz.) can organic diced tomatoes
- 3 cup organic free range chicken broth
- 1 dozen organic wild shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 organic scallions, minced
- Organic riced cauliflower
- In a large pot, saute onion, garlic, pepper, celergy, and sausage together in butter until onion and garlic are fragrant.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for cauliflower, bring to a boil, and then allow to simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Scoop into a bowl and sprinkle minced scallions on top, serve with cauliflower rice.