Sparkling Mint and Raspberry Limeade
This refreshing drink is great for adults and kids alike. It’s meant to only be mildly sweet and not too tart, which is why the secret to this recipe is actually steeping a juiced lime (reserve the juice for another recipe!) in hot water to infuse the flavor into the drink. Organic raspberries and organic mint (which, if you wanted to, is so easy to grow without any help, pesticides, or fungicides) make it fruity and cool, just what you want for hot days without sacrificing your dietary goals.
Be careful when steeping the lime in the hot water, since splashes can cause burns. You can easily sub out the raspberry for other berries, such as organic blueberries, blackberries, or strawberries. Berries tend to be common culprits of chemical residue, so make sure you purchase certified organic.
- 2 cups organic raspberries
- 4 tablespoons chopped organic mint
- 1 organic lime, juiced and sliced (juice reserved for other recipes)
- 1 teaspoon Stevia or organic raw honey
- 1 liter plain seltzer water
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- Steep lime slices in boiling hot water. Alternatively, you can boil it on the stove for about 3 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine 3/4s of the raspberries, mine, stevia or honey, and roughly smash.
- Add seltzer water and cooled steeped limes to the berry mixture and place everything into a pitcher. Serve chilled, with ice.