Frozen Strawberry Banana Skewers Recipe
Key Notes: Paleo, Vegetarian
Strawberries, bananas, and chocolate, oh my!
These skewers are a hit with adults and children alike–sweet and creamy bananas, coupled with fragrant and slightly acidic strawberries, drizzled in dark chocolate with the crunch of walnut pieces, and then put in the freezer until they become a delicious frozen treat!
Fruits like strawberries are often the culprit for the highest residue of pesticides and herbicides, which means getting them organic is of utmost importance.
Thankfully, these days organic produce options are available at most supermarkets.
You can add organic kiwis, grapes, or melons to the skewers as well, but today we’re just focusing on one of the most popular flavor combinations.
Depending on your diet, due to the amount of fruit in this dessert, this particular recipe might not fit into your keto plans.
However, small amounts should be fine if you watch your total carb intake.
- 2 organic bananas, cut into 1 inch pieces (about 6 each)
- 12 organic strawberries
- ½ cup sugar free organic dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons organic crushed walnuts
- Using bamboo skewers, alternate banana pieces with strawberries. Place skewers on wax paper over a freezer safe tray.
- Temper the dark chocolate chips in a bowl over a hot water bath. Drizzle dark chocolate over strawberry banana skewers.
- Sprinkle toasted walnuts over the skewers and place tray into freezer.
- Freeze for about 8 hours or overnight, until frozen through. Enjoy!