Paleo, Keto, Diabetic Friendly, Gluten Free
Summer Lobster Lettuce Wrap
Nothing says summer like lobster rolls, but for us who subscribe to the paleo and keto diet, we’re always looking for alternatives to our favorite dishes. Using crisp and refreshing lettuce to convey the delicious lobster salad to our stomachs is a great alternative to sugar and carb packed rolls–and, face it, who wants to fill up on bread when you can do so on high protein and low calorie lobster?
Make sure you use wild caught cold water lobsters and olive oil mayonnaise for this particular dish. Organic tarragon and the zest of the lemon will give it a bright burst of citrus flavor.
You can reserve the shells and the innards for a lobster bisque later, or for stock and consomme, if you’d like. Waste not, want not!
- 1 wild caught organic lobster, 1 – 1.5lbs
- 1 teaspoon organic Tarragon
- Juice and zest of ½ organic lemon
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed organic butter
- 1 tablespoon organic Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 2 – 3 organic Butter Lettuce leaves
- If lobster is live, either freeze for 2 hours before preparing, or humanely dispatch by cleaving a knife into the back of the head carapace.
- Boil until lobster is just cooked (about 15 minutes), and immediately place into an ice water bath to prevent over-cooking.
- Remove claw and body meat, and reserve shell and tamale (innards) for bisque or stock.
- Chop claw and lobster tail meat into bite sized pieces.
- Melt organic grass-fed butter and toss lobster meat with melted butter, tarragon, juice and zest of the half lemon, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with butter lettuce leaves for wrapping.