Summer Thai Shaved Ice
Shaved ice piled high with toppings is a favorite in Asia, often brightly colored with all sorts of delectable toppings.
This delicious dessert is really just an excuse to showcase a naturally sweetened condensed coconut milk that could be used for lots of desserts.
If you wanted to go with low sugar, then you can use organic stevia in place of honey.
The ideas for fruits are endless, as mandarin oranges, pineapples, bananas, and all sorts of berries would go wonderfully with this cool and refreshing dessert.
Fruits are often the perpetrators of carrying lots of pesticides, so make sure you use certified organic produce.
If you happen to dislike the flavor of coconuts, you can also use organic macadamia nut milk or almond, and omit the coconut flakes.
You can easily create a delicious green tea flavored shaved ice by freezing Matcha into ice cubes as well for a twist!
- 1 cup organic Strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup organic Peaches, chopped
- 1 cup organic Mango, chopped
- Shaved ice
- Organic Honey Sweetened condensed coconut milk (2 cups organic coconut milk, 3 tablespoons organic honey or stevia)
- Organic Coconut flakes
- Sliced Organic Almonds (optional)
- In a pot, bring coconut milk and honey or stevia to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook for about 23 – 35 minutes, or when liquid has reduced to half. Remove from heat and cool.
- Using a shaved ice machine, shave 2 – 3 bowls of ice.
- Pile strawberries, peaches, and mango on top the the bowls and drizzle with sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Top with coconut flakes and organic almond slices.