Zucchini Crepe Soft Taco Recipe
Key Notes: Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free, Diabetic Friendly
If you miss having tacos with a shell, miss them no more!
Organic zucchini crepes are a great substitute to the carb laden soft taco tortillas.
You can make them the night before, with wax paper in between so they don’t become soggy.
Hormone free organic grass-fed beef or free range chicken is great for some guilt-free binging, and organic zucchini, lettuce, and tomatoes mean no pesticides or fungicides.
The best part of this is that Do It Yourself Taco night is back on the table!
This is a Paleo and Keto style dinner or lunch that everyone in the family can get behind.
Even better, the ingredients can be made into a taco style southwest salad, so leftovers would never be an issue!
- 2 cup organic Zucchini
- 6 organic free range eggs
- 1 cup organic grass-fed mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb organic free range grass-fed ground Beef or chicken
- 1 packet Organic Taco seasoning
- Organic iceberg or butter/bibb Lettuce,
- Organic tomato, diced (optional)
- Organic grass-fed shredded taco cheese (cheddar works too)
- Organic grass fed Sour cream
- Organic Hot sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, blend 2 cups zucchini with 6 egg and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. The batter should be like a thin crepe batter.
- In a nonstick pan (approximately 8 inches in diameter) over medium high heat, ladle a spoonful of the batter and swirl until it coats the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Taking care not to burn, allow it to cook until set like a crepe. Remove from heat. Repeat with remaining batter. Allow to cool.
- In another pan, cook grass fed ground beef according to directions with the organic taco seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Serve with iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, and hot sauce if desired.