Apple Cranberry Cobbler
This warm apple-cranberry cobbler is a delightfully simple dessert that won’t leave you feeling heavy at the holiday table! The scent of cinnamon and apples waft with a hint of nutmeg, along with the tang of unsweetened cranberries make for a tasty treat.
Instead of a wheat flour-based crust, this gluten-free and keto-friendly coconut flour crust provides just a touch of savoriness. Serve this hot, with sugar-free ice cream for an a la mode experience.
Since we won’t add sugar to this, instead of using traditional tart baking apples like granny smith, use a sweeter fresh eating apple instead. Spring for organic since residual pesticides and herbicides can disrupt gut health.
- 2 cups pound organic apples (a juicy sweet kind, like fuji, pink lady, or Honeycrisp since we won’t be adding sugar)
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- ¼ cup dried organic unsweetened cranberries
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed butter, melted
- ½ cup organic coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 organic egg
- ¼ teaspoon organic nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon organic raw honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine apples, cranberries, cinnamon, lemon juice, and nutmeg together. Place in the bottom of a casserole pan.
- Combine egg, coconut (or almond) flour, butter, baking powder, salt, and honey together until well mixed. Spread over fruit.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the fruit is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.