Arugula Watermelon Salad
This recipe is as much a feast for the eyes as it is a delight for the palate!
Spicy and peppery baby arugula, paired with sweet and juicy watermelon, creamy cheese, crunchy almond slices, and a drizzle of balsamic reduction and olive oil.
Remember to use organic and grass-fed ingredients so that this wonderful salad not only tastes good, but is good for you!
Be aware that both watermelon and balsamic vinegar contains some fruit sugars, so if you’re watching your sugar intake, make sure you’re calculating it properly.
Salad greens like arugula are often full of pesticides and herbicides, so make sure all of the ingredients you use are certified organic.
This salad is fancy enough for a romantic dinner date, but also casual enough for picnics and barbecues!
You can use just balsamic vinegar, or if you want to get fancy, you can make a balsamic reduction on your stove (just reduce it on low to half the original volume.)
- 3 cups organic baby arugula
- 1 cup organic watermelon cubes
- 3 tablespoons lightly toasted almonds
- 4 – 6 ounces organic grass fed goat, feta, or marscapone cheese
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Organic balsamic vinegar
- Flaked Salt and organic black pepper to taste
- Place baby arugula in a salad bowl or serving plate, top with wate