Crispy Baked Beet Chips
Key Notes: Paleo, gluten-free
While you might miss potato chips, beet chips are the tasty, slightly sweet, earthy and nutty alternative for all your crunch needs.
You can use these chips in place of anywhere you might need to dip.
A tasty yogurt tahini or a cheesy dip for game day?
These paleo-friendly chips are there for you.
If you’re also keto and watching our carb intake, just be aware that beets can be somewhat sugary, so it’s important to keep an eye on your serving size.
Beets are a root vegetable which is why it’s important to source organic–root veggies tend to accumulate toxins and heavy metals, which means they soak up pesticides and herbicides.
To avoid that, only purchase certified organic beets.
While this particular flavor is simple, meant to bring out the flavor of the beets themselves, nothing’s stopping you from giving it a splash of cajun, taco, or parmesan herb seasonings for some fun twists!
You can also use a dehydrator, although it won’t have the roasted, slightly charred flavor.
- 3 – 4 organic Beets
- ½ cup organic extra virgin Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ teaspoon organic Rosemary, thyme, or lavendar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Using a mandolin slicer (or by hand, if you have the patience to do so), slice beets into 1/16 inch thick slices.
- Combine seasonings, salt and pepper, with extra virgin olive oil and toss in beet chips to coat.
- Lay in one layer (may have to do this in batches) on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.