Holiday Chocolate Walnut Cranberry Cookies
This sweet treat is a keto and diabetic friendly option to more traditional holiday cookie fare. With coconut flour, unsweetened dark chocolate chips, and tart cranberries with a hint of cinnamon, you’ll loathe sharing these tasty cookies!
Since these are slightly more delicate than your average hard wheat flour-based cookies, make sure you line the baking sheet with some parchment paper, for ease of sliding the cookies off. Don’t be in too much of a hurry, let them cool thoroughly so they can get a chewy consistency!
Make sure you use organic ingredients to avoid accidentally ingesting chemicals that are terrible for your health.
- ¼ cup organic walnuts
- 1 cup organic coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon organic nutmeg
- 1 stick (½ cup) organic grass-fed butter, softened at room temperature
- ¼ cup organic dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dark unsweetened organic chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 free-range organic eggs
- The organic monk fruit or stevia sweetener equivalent of 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine coconut flour with butter, egg, vanilla extract, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fold in walnuts, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
- Pat 2 – 3 inch round cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.