Philly Cheesesteak Breakfast Skillet Recipe
Key Notes: Paleo, Keto, Diabetic friendly, low-carb, gluten-free
Adding eggs to the classic Philly Cheesesteaks turns it into a breakfast skillet.
Nestling the rich organic eggs among the tender slices of shaved grass-fed beef, seasoned to perfection, accompanied by melted swiss or provolone cheese puts a different spin on the classic “steak and eggs.”
Hormone and antibiotic free is the name of the game, but we don’t sacrifice taste for health.
This Philly cheesesteak recipe is bursting with flavor!
Since this is has a negligible level of carbs, you can eat it to your ketogenic heart’s content.
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- ½ organic white onion, sliced
- ½ organic green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb organic grass-fed shaved Beef
- Salt and pepper
- 4 Organic free range eggs
- 3-4 slices organic provolone or swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon organic worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon organic thyme
- In a pan over medium high heat, saute onion and bell pepper slices until just beginning to soften.
- Add shaved beef, thyme, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste and cook until beef is no longer pink.
- Create four dips in the meat and crack an egg in each one.
- Lay slices of provolone or swiss over the skillet, and cook until the eggs are to your liking.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.