Pot Roast with Cauliflower Mash and Broccoli
This easy weeknight meal can be made in an instant pot. Loaded with veggies and protein, pot roast always hits the spot.
Instead of pairing it with carb heavy mashed potatoes, we made mashed cauliflower which tastes just as good but is great for those who are on a low carb diet.
Make sure you use organic grass-fed beef so that you avoid those pesky hormones and antibiotics, and that you use organic veggies and herbs since they are usually carriers of pesticides and herbicides.
You can also cook this over the stove if you don’t have an instant pot, but a pressure cooker will make things go much faster.
Portion out the meal into boxes, freeze, and you can grab and go.
- 2lbs organic grass fed beef (Top Round or another pot roast cut)
- 1 tablespoon organic Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves organic garlic, crushed
- 1 cup organic Onions, chopped
- 1 large organic tomato, chopped
- 2 cups organic carrots, cut into one inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons organic grass fed butter
- 1 sprig organic Thyme
- 1 sprig organic Rosemary
- 1 head of organic Broccoli
- 1 cup organic grass fed cream
- 1 head organic Cauliflower
- 1 organic Chicken bouillon cube
- Place beef, vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic, onions, tomato, carrots, thyme, and rosemary into the the instant pot, pressure cooker, or on the stove. Set it to cook for 1 hour, or until beef is tender and pull apart.
- Steam the broccoli until it is just done.
- Boil the cauliflower until soft and tender, blend in a blender with the chicken bouillon cube, cream, butter, and salt and better.
- Serve pot roast with cauliflower mash and steamed broccoli, as well as the other vegetables that were in cooked with the beef.