Strawberry Fields Salad
A gorgeous and romantic salad, perfect for a side or, if you add some grilled chicken, a healthy lunch or dinner. Sweet and fragrant organic strawberries set off the slight spiciness of the arugula, with creamy goat cheese and walnuts for crunch, it’s the perfect salad for when you want to treat yourself to something special.
Make sure your leafy greens and your fruits and berries are organic, lest you disrupt your healthy gut bacteria by accidentally ingesting pesticides or herbicides.
We included a simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing from scratch, in case you can’t get anywhere you are or would rather make your own (although some are organic, there may be stabilizers to prevent spoiling). It keeps well in the fridge for a week or so and is a cinch to put together.
- 2 cups packed organic baby arugula
- ½ cup organic Walnuts, toasted
- ½ cup organic grass-fed goat cheese, sliced
- 1 cup organic strawberries, sliced
- 1 dozen organic grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons organic chopped onions (optional)
- Organic Balsamic Vinaigrette (can follow a recipe or use store-bought)
- ½ cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic raw honey
- 1 tablespoon organic dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried organic thyme
- ½ cup organic extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- If making your own salad dressing, combine all the ingredients by whisking until the oil and vinegar have emulsified. You can also do this in a blender. Allow the dressing to sit, chilled, for about 10-20 minutes so the flavors combine.
- In a salad bowl, assemble arugula, walnuts, goat cheese, and strawberry slices, and toss with a light coating of the balsamic dressing.