Sugar Free Cheesecake
This simple cheesecake is made without sugar and instead is made with Stevia or Monkfruit sweetener.
Both monkfruit sweetener and Stevia are 200 times sweeter than sugar, meaning that a pinch of either is equal to about a tablespoon of refined sugar.
However, both have almost 0 calories. Make sure you purchase ones without dextrose and maltodextrin, which do have sugars in them.
You can grow stevia at home and use the leaves, but there is some concern that since it can lower blood pressure, it might amplify the effects of blood pressure medication and therefore should be used with caution by those on medication to control their blood pressure.
It’s easy to add fruits to this cheesecake to make it not only pretty but delicious with different flavors too.
With a walnut instead of a carb laden crust, it’s definitely a keto friendly alternative to your normal desserts!
- 1 cup organic walnuts
- ½ stick organic grassfed butter (softened)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon organic cinnamon
- 32 oz organic grassfed Cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup tablespoons monkfruit sweetener
- 3 large organic free range eggs
- 1 tbsp organic Lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic Vanilla extract
- Optional organic berries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Process walnuts, butter, cinnamon, salt in a blender until dough like and remove. Press into a thin layer on the bottom of a pie pan or spring form cake pan.
- Whip cream cheese until fluffy, then beat eggs, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in slowly.
- Pour filling into pan/cake form and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until center is set but still somewhat soft. Allow to cool completely. Serve with fruit (or plain).