Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini Squash
This is a fun dish that’s vegetarian (and can be vegan if you replace the egg and butter) for an easy weeknight side or meal.
A roasted vegetable boat, the simplicity of the ingredients really brings out the flavors that work together so well.
You can easily switch up the stuffing with other types of vegetables if you’d like, and even add cheese or marinara sauce on it for a different flavor!
Make sure you use organic ingredients since vegetables are often grown with pesticides and herbicides.
You can also make this ahead of time and freeze, making it an easy grab and go lunch.
You can absolutely add meat to this to make it high protein as well.
- 4 organic zucchinis, halved
- 1/2 cup organic button mushrooms, minced
- 1 tablespoon organic grass-fed butter
- 1 organic free range egg
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon organic oregano
- Organic extra virgin olive oil, for roasting
- Organic grassfed mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- WIth a spoon, scoop out the seeds of the zucchini halves, making a shallow boat.
- In a pan on the stove, scramble egg, minced garlic, and minced mushrooms together to make the stuffing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop stuffing into zucchini boats, sprinkle with oregano, top with cheese (if using), and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until desired doneness.