Tuscan Vegetable Soup Recipe
Key Notes: Paleo, Low-carb, Diabetic friendly, Keto, Vegetarian, Vegan (Remove cheese)
Today, we’ll explore a vegetable soup that’s hearty enough to beat the cold months but not too heavy.
It’s simple, but during the time of the winter season when heavier, greasy fare is the norm, this provides a bright burst of flavor and color to cleanse the palate.
Organic veggies are a must, providing bold flavors and a natural sweetness without the fear of pesticides or herbicides.
If you’re watching your carb intake, you can easily replace the butternut squash with cauliflower.
Chopping up all the vegetables, separating into individual portions, and then freezing them ensures you have the ingredients for this delicious and healthy soup right at your fingertips.
A drizzle of a nice organic finishing olive oil, a couple of turns on the black pepper grinder, and a light sprinkling of parmesan cheese makes for a bowl you could cuddle up to while watching your favorite shows.
- ½ cup organic carrot, diced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup organic zucchini, diced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup organic butternut squash (optional), diced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup organic cauliflower florets
- ½ cup organic spinach
- ½ teaspoon dried organic Oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic Basil, shredded
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil, plus more for finishing
- ¼ cup organic sweet onion, diced (optional)
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced (optional)
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional, avoid if vegan or lactose intolerant)
- Lemon wedge
- In a pot over medium high heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until fragrant and onion has turned translucent.
- Add vegetable broth and oregano. Bring to a boil and add shredded basil, diced carrot, zucchini, spinach, cauliflower, and butternut squash. Cook until vegetables are fork tender.
- Spoon soup into a bowl, add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Garnish with a lemon wedge and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, if using. Serve hot.